mpd: PPTP call failed

Gianmarco Giovannelli gmarco at scotty.masternet.it
Mon Apr 21 00:21:48 PDT 2003

At 21/04/2003, you wrote:
>| > bind: Can't assign requested address
>| > vpn:
>| >          set link type pptp
>| >          set pptp enable originate incoming outcall
>| >          set pptp self 81.75.144.245
>|                          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>| Most likely your mpd box doesn't own that IP address.
>
>No, ther order of lines is significant (undocumented feature of mpd). Try this
>
>         set link type pptp
>         set pptp self 81.75.144.245
>         set pptp enable originate incoming outcall

Uhm .. that is interesting... :-)

Infact in the other situation I have :

vpn:
         set link type pptp
         set pptp self 194.184.65.165
         set pptp peer 194.184.65.138
         set pptp enable originate incoming outcall

But also changing the order of the line I get the same error. Is it possible ?

Thanks ...

Best Regards,
Gianmarco Giovannelli ,  "Unix expert since yesterday"
http://www.gufi.org/~gmarco