Implementing SO_BINDTODEVICE

Martin Blapp mb at imp.ch
Fri Apr 18 10:51:04 PDT 2003

Hi all,

How difficult would it be to implement SO_BINDTODEVICE
on FreeBSD ? I need the to make is possible to run more
than one instance of dhclient on one host with more than
one NIC.

We would need this to support removable devices properly.

There is a tool called omshell which should be able to
change variables so the interface is added to the lists.
Unfortunatly the documentation is bad and I only found
hooks to dhcpd.

Martin

Martin Blapp, <mb at imp.ch> <mbr at FreeBSD.org>