Deadlocks running rsync on SMP machine

Eric W. Bates ericx at vineyard.net
Wed Apr 16 18:37:11 PDT 2003

Sorry,

By 'it', I mean the rsync process on the receiving machine.

The process on the sending machine eventually times out; but the process on
the receiving machine will sit there forever. Once we learned that the
problem could be avoided by keeping the file list small; I decided I would
wait for smarter folk to figure it out.