Deadlocks running rsync on SMP machine

Kris Kennaway kris at obsecurity.org
Sun Apr 13 15:08:17 PDT 2003

I've been getting repeatable deadlocks when rsyncing a large set of
files over a LAN on an SMP machine running -current (bento).  The
console does not respond to the debugger break, and I turned on
WITNESS to see if that would catch it, but it did not.  This has been
going on for some weeks now; I guess I'll have to do a binary search
to figure out the cutoff date.  Prior to updating it I was getting a
lot of double faults (already reported in another email a few days
ago).

This is very annoying and I wish someone would fix it :)  I have to run
5.0 on bento because 4.x has fatal NFS bugs with sparc clients.

Kris