Can't bind IP to my bridge at boot time

D.Pageau dpageau at infodev.ca
Tue Apr 8 06:58:44 PDT 2003

Only one IP for the bridge (two interfaces).

"If you want to be able to telnet into the bridge from the network, it
is OK to assign one of the network cards an IP address. The consensus is
that assigning both cards an address is a bad idea." Handbook

I'm ok with that, two IP for the bridge is probably a bad idea.  What
about my third interface that is a default route for my nated network?
This interface need a IP.

BTW I have commented out the ifconfig_rl0 line so I only have one IP and
this IP should be setup at boot time on the bridge and it's not working.

--
Dominic Pageau