atmel drivers

Wes Peters wes at softweyr.com
Fri Apr 4 15:28:11 PST 2003

On Friday 04 April 2003 13:06, Stef Telford wrote:
> Hello there,
>
> 	First of all, apologies if this is the wrong mailing
> list (did think that maybe mobile or perhaps hardware was the
> 'right' one). If this is horribly out of the mailing list topic
> let me know.

It's off-topic for this mailing list, but quite understandable.  The
best place to bring it up is probably mobile; I've directed replies
there.  The best *person* to contact is most likely Warner Losh, who
has written and/or coordinated much of the support for PCCards,
CardBus, etc. in FreeBSD, so I cc'ed him too.

> 	Anyway, guess the topic really says it all. I can find
> linux atmel drivers (http://atmelwlandriver.sourceforge.net/)
> so, is it not possible to take a snapshot from there and perhaps
> code up even alpha drivers ? There are more and more 'legacy'
> or old 11mbp's wireless 802.11b cards that are using this and
> even new versions of some prism based cards are 'becoming' atmel
> cards (the one i have that causes me the most 'irk' is the SMC
> 2632W v2. v1 was prism2, v2 is atmel. way to go SMC) and also
> 3com's (as someone on irc pointed out).
>
> 	It really would be great to buy another card and ditch
> this 'atmel' card, however, my poor funds dont normally allow
> that, and others are probably in the same boat. help me get
> away from 'lesser os's :)

Sounds like something we need.  I've got a prism1 and prism2 card I
could donate, but that won't solve the larger problem; I'd rather have
support for the new chipset instead.  Warner, let me know if I can help
by sending a card or something.

Wes Peters                                              wes at softweyr.com