options FAST_IPSEC & tunnels

Mikael Hubsch micke at hubsch.org
Thu Apr 3 00:27:35 PST 2003

On Tue, 1 Apr 2003, Sam Leffler wrote:

> Packets are tagged once they've been processed on input.  I think you can do
> a similar check with something like:
>
> if (m_tag_find(PACKET_TAG_IPSEC_IN_DONE) != NULL)
>     goto pass;
>
> Long term, I intend is to associate packets with an enc device so there's a
> way to identify these packets when writing firewall rules.

If the packets are tagged wouldn't it be better to add an ipfw
option instead of changing the interface? Then you could add a rule
that both test on correct incoming interface and the fact that ipsec
processing was done. For example,

ipfw add pass esp from 10.1.1.0/24 to any in via fxp1
ipfw add deny all from any to any in via fxp1 not ipsecdone

--
 Mikael Hubsch