Porting current version of avidmux

Kevin Oberman rkoberman at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 01:02:38 UTC 2019

As avidemux-qr4 had been removed from ports along with the rest of the
ports that depend on qr4, I am working on porting the latest release of
avidemux which uses qt5 for its GUI. I have made a fair bit of progress,
but I am really not a programmer and have hit what seems like a trivial
issue, but have failed to figure out the problem and am looking for some
guidance.

static __sighandler_t      oldSignalHandlerSigInt;
static __sighandler_t      oldSignalHandlerSigSev;
void sig_segfault_handler(int signo);
void sig_sigint_handler(int signo);
void installSigHandler(void)
{
    oldSignalHandlerSigSev=signal(SIGSEGV, sig_segfault_handler); // show
stacktrace on default
    oldSignalHandlerSigInt=signal(SIGINT, sig_sigint_handler); // show
stacktrace on default
}
I converted the sighandler_t in the code to __sighandler_t, which fixed
errors on the typedefs, but get this on the assignments:
/home/oberman/avidemux_2.7.1/avidemux_core/ADM_core/src/ADM_crashdump_unix.cpp:63:27:
error: non-object type '__sighandler_t' (aka 'void (int)') is not assignable
    oldSignalHandlerSigSev=signal(SIGSEGV, sig_segfault_handler); // show
stacktrace on default

Would anyone be able to help out so this very useful port can be restored?
I do know that there are differences between Linux and BSD sighandler.

BTW, the name of the application is terrible as it is no longer AVI
specific nor just a demultiplexer. It supports most popular video
multiplexers. It is a simple, light-weight GUI based video editor/converter.

Anybody willing to lend a hand?
E-mail: rkoberman at gmail.com