qjackctl and qsampler freeze at launch

F.W. fw at submerge.ch
Thu Mar 7 02:04:28 UTC 2019

On Thursday, March 7, 2019 2:30:15 AM CET Marcel Bonnet wrote:
> On Wed, 6 Mar 2019 at 20:20, F.W. <fw at submerge.ch> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > are you by chance running some Qt-based DE like KDE or Lumina? Because I
> > can
> > reproduce it in Lumina, but not in pure Fluxbox WM. That's not much, but a
> > hint where to start looking maybe.
> > I think I stumbled upon this about a year ago, but never investigated
> > since I
> > am using the rc jackd service anyway.
> >
> > Good luck
> >
> > Florian Walpen
>
> Thanks for commenting.
> Yeah, I'm running Lumina. But the weird thing is: I reproduced the problem
> on Fluxbox (x11-wm/fluxbox) .
> I got this problem after updating qjackctl and qsampler. I don't remember
> which versions I used. After a year of outdated ports, I updated my ports
> source, compiled everything and here I am stuck with two apps I love.
>
> I'll try other WM, soon as possible.
>
> Cheers,

Just played around some more:
* I never managed to reproduce the hangs with qjackctl in pure Fluxbox.
* I can start qjackctl in Lumina from a non-Qt terminal.
* Starting qjackctl from Lumina menu, search or QTerminal hangs Xorg.
* Compiling with option XUNIQUE=off cures these hangs.
Strange enough, this doesn't match your findings - it may be a different
problem though.

Cheers,

Florian Walpen