firefox 24.0,1 (ports rev. r328930)

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Fri Oct 18 08:29:17 UTC 2013

El día Wednesday, October 16, 2013 a las 12:11:27PM +0200, Matthias Apitz escribió:

> Hello,
>
> I've compiled my used ports from revision r328930 on a 10-CURRENT; this
> brings firefox-24.0,1; I was higly surprised about the fact that FF 24.0
> is able out of the box (i.e. without installing linux-flash) to play
> content from youtube.com; it says a short moment "a plugin is needed to
> play this content", but than the movie comes up. How is this working?
>
> Other sites, like http://www.telesurtv.net , are not working. Why?

Hello,

Ralf, thanks for your explanation re/ HTML5;

I have now installed as well the Linux flash plugin and it's working
fine; but: now youtube does not play anymore and complains that I should
install flash or HTML5; it only plays after removing the .mozilla/plugin
again; any idea to make both happy on the same time; maybe I must use
two different firefox dirs...

Thanks

	matthias

--