FreeBSD Port: multimedia/mkvtoolnix

Raivo Hool raivo at lehma.com
Sun Jul 14 07:43:09 UTC 2013

I have a patch to enable building mkvtoolnix with clang and libc++, thus avoiding pulling in gcc 4.6+. Works with at least 9.1-STABLE and 9.2-PRE, but probably on anything with a new enough libc++.

This implies CXXFLAGS+=-std=c++11 -stdlib=libc++ -Wno-error

I have also sent this upstream, so if they accept it, there'll be no more any need for it in FreeBSD, but some conditional logic in the Makefile (which I am unqualified to cook up) would probably still apply.

Raivo