avidemux 2.6 and TS recordings

Alan Hicks ahicks at p-o.co.uk
Mon Jan 28 14:27:10 UTC 2013

On Sunday 27 January 2013 00:57:02 Andrew Johnson wrote:
>   Are there any tools left in the ports for re-muxing TS recordings?
>   I had visions of using GOPchop to quickly edit some recordings from the
> digital TV but there seems to be no tools in the FreeBSD ports to either
> (quickly) re-mux TS recordings into mpeg, or to (painfully slowly) convert
> (decode & encode) TS recordings into mpeg.
>
>   ffmpeg wants to decode & encode, but it doesn't seem to honour all the
> error correction options in a TS steam and has trouble keeping audio sync.
In ffmpeg 0.7.13 you could try the options -vcodec copy -acodec copy -scodec
copy to copy the raw video, audio and subtitle data thus avoiding re-encoding.
Also there are options -copyts -copytb for the timestamps and time bases which
may help. Version 1.0.1 has more options.  Alas a tool I only occasionally
use.