recording the sound

Marcel Bonnet marcelbonnet at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 21:46:08 UTC 2012

On 28 March 2012 17:25, Matthias Apitz <guru at unixarea.de> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Is there some way to do a recording of the sound of any application
> running and using der FreeBSD sound system, i.e. /dev/dsp*, regardles of
> the application. For example (but not limited to) to record a Skype
> audio conversation.

Hi.
I was thinking about setting

$ mixer -f /dev/mixer0 =rec monitor

but it didn't work for me, it always capture the embbedd mic signal, not
the monitor sound. Sorry for the comparison, but when I was using my
multitrack recording for windows, the monitor setting of the M-audio driver
meant to capture the sound of applications in use. That was really useful,
sometimes.
Does this setting woks for you?

--
Marcel Bonnet
"No princípio era o caos... e no meio também."