Problems getting an HP Photosmart C4180 to scan with SANE

Jens Schweikhardt schweikh at schweikhardt.net
Sat Jan 7 23:09:48 UTC 2012

On Sat, Jan 07, 2012 at 08:18:19PM -0200, Marcel Bonnet wrote:
# On 7 January 2012 00:09, Patrick Lamaiziere <patfbsd at davenulle.org> wrote:
#
# > Le Thu, 5 Jan 2012 18:11:11 +0100,
# > Jens Schweikhardt <schweikh at schweikhardt.net> a écrit :
# >
# > > hello, world\n
# >
# > Hello,
# >
# > > I'm trying to get an HP Photosmart C4180 to scan with 9-STABLE.
# > > I've read the relevant section in the handbook and installed
# > > /usr/ports/graphics/sane-backend.
# >
# > Did you install hplip? As far I remember this is needed to scan.
# > The port has few options for scan, you may have to turn them on.
# >
# >
# > Maybe this http://forums.freebsd.org/archive/index.php/t-21312.html help
# a little bit: it seems some HP printers have a umass storage for the
# windows installer, and some are not supported by hplip.
# A device using HPLIP must be detected with ugen driver.

Thanks for pointing me to hplip, that's the part I was mising.

Regards,

	Jens
--
Jens Schweikhardt http://www.schweikhardt.net/