multimedia/libvpx update

Ashish SHUKLA ashish at FreeBSD.org
Mon Feb 13 07:04:01 UTC 2012

Hi everyone,

I'm the maintainer of multimedia/libvpx which is listed as dependency in
multimedia/{mplayer,ffmpeg,gstreamer-plugins-vp8} (major ports I can think
of). I'm planning to update multimedia/libvpx to its latest version. The
problem is that latest version has bumped .so version to 1.0.0 which
invalidates these and more than 400 other ports, and therefore require them to
be rebuilt.

I'm wondering if you guys are planning to post an update in near future, then
I can co-ordinate port update with you guys to reach an environment friendly
way to update the port, and to not unnecessary burden users with frequent
rebuilds.

Any ideas?

Thanks
--
Ashish SHUKLA      | GPG: F682 CDCC 39DC 0FEA E116  20B6 C746 CFA9 E74F A4B0
freebsd.org!ashish | http://people.freebsd.org/~ashish/

Avoid Success At All Costs !!