snd_hdspe: No such file or directory

Mardorf Ralf ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Sat Dec 15 01:46:52 UTC 2012

Hi :)

do I have to build a kernel or can I install another pre-build kernel or upgrade everything?

[rocketmouse at freebsd] ~# uname -rm
8.2-RELEASE amd64
[rocketmouse at freebsd] ~# kldload snd_envy24
[rocketmouse at freebsd] ~# kldload snd_envy24ht
[rocketmouse at freebsd] ~# kldload snd_hdspe
kldload: can't load snd_hdspe: No such file or directory

On my machine are 3 audio cards.

1 * RME HDSPe AIO

2 * TerraTec EWX 24/96 (Envy24, aka ICE1712)

The RME is for audio and MIDI and the TerraTecs are audio cards too, but used for MIDI only, until now on Linux only.

Regards,
Ralf