snd_hda + ION + HDMI audio in 9.1-RC1

Gavin Chappell gavin.chappell at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 15:29:42 UTC 2012

> can you try my xbmc-devel port:
> svn co https://svn.redports.org/fneufneu/multimedia/xbmc-devel
>
> it's Frodo alpha 4 with good OSS implementation.
> i have an ION2 at home and it's works very well (with VDPAU).
> the only ION issue i know is the no support of HBR bit on HDMI, so no
> DTS-HDMA or TrueHD.

Hi Mickael,
If I can get to the bottom of HDMI audio support then I can certainly
try your port. I don't need any advanced audio, it's a simple 2.0
channel setup straight into a Samsung TV, no extra amps or surround
sound systems, therefore the issue you raise won't affect me. However,
the snd_hda issue does affect me so I'd like to get to the bottom of
it first :)

Regards,
Gavin