vdr softhddevice port for testing

Juergen Lock nox at jelal.kn-bremen.de
Sun Apr 29 18:12:23 UTC 2012

Hi!

 I've ported the vdr softhddevice plugin,

	http://people.freebsd.org/~nox/tmp/vdr-plugin-softhddevice.shar

and tested it a bit with vdpau.  To test it with a running xserver do:

	xhost +127.1

and then start vdr with

	vdr '-Psofthddevice -d :0.0' ..

(or change vdr_flags in rc.conf(5) so that it starts with

	vdr_flags="'-Psofthddevice -d :0.0' ..

and then make sure vdr is started only after the xserver is running.)

 To test it so that it starts its own xserver:

	vdr '-Psofthddevice -x' ..

(or similarly put this in vdr_flags.)

 Note this currently only works with vdpau and (theoretically, I don't
know if the intel kms patches work for this too so I defaulted the
knob to off), vaapi, not with xv or xshm, i.e. software decoding.

 For more info see:

	http://projects.vdr-developer.org/projects/plg-softhddevice

and: (if you read german)

	http://projects.vdr-developer.org/projects/plg-softhddevice/wiki/FAQ
	http://www.vdr-portal.de/board17-developer/board21-vdr-plugins/109700-softhddevice-software-vdpau-va-api-cpu-decoder-und-ausgabe-plugin/

 Btw the alsa stuff doesn't apply to FreeBSD as we use oss.

 Enjoy, :)
	Juergen