Has anyone tested the jack update - am I ok to commit it?

Juergen Lock nox at jelal.kn-bremen.de
Sun Sep 18 19:00:34 UTC 2011

On Sun, Sep 18, 2011 at 12:07:50PM -0400, b. f. wrote:
> On 9/18/11, Juergen Lock <nox at jelal.kn-bremen.de> wrote:
> > On Sat, Sep 17, 2011 at 10:19:27PM -0400, b. f. wrote:
>
> >> -- clean up ugly flag handling
> >>
> >  Can you elaborate?
>
> As in the patch I sent to you, along with the doxygen-related changes.

Hm that never arrived here. :(  (Or did you send it to a list only?
Then I missed it.)

>  CFLAGS and CPPFLAGS are already being passed in do-configure, so it
> is only necessary to append to them, but not to explicitly add them to
> CONFIGURE_ENV.  This also makes it easier to check their values via
> "make -V".  Also, it was always advisable to perform linking via the
> compiler with the flags issued for compilation, and now it is
> essential for flags like -flto and -fstack-protector, which some
> people are using with ports, so our previous careless handling of
> LDFLAGS is being cleaned up (cf.
> http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/157936, etc.) , and
> it is important to try (within reason) to honor the user-requested
> LDFLAGS just as we do for CFLAGS.  Therefore, just append the addition
> to the library search path to LDFLAGS, and pass the result, rather
> than clobbering the flags.

 Anyway, you are right, that should be cleaned up.  I have now made
a new update including your suggestions and tested it with ardour3
again:

	http://people.freebsd.org/~nox/tmp/jack-0.121.2.patch

 The jack_get_microseconds() code I added to
files/patch-drivers-oss-oss_driver.c may not be the best solution,
I added it to fix a segfault at jackd start because driver->engine
was NULL in oss_driver_start()...

 Thanx for testing, :)
	Juergen