Update about webcamd and about af9016 tuner "LC-Power LC-USB-DVBT"

Juergen Lock nox at jelal.kn-bremen.de
Tue Mar 29 18:26:25 UTC 2011

Hi!

 I tested the af9016 tuner called "LC-Power LC-USB-DVBT" (usbid
0x15a4:0x9016) on the new little ION box with the low-power SU2300
cpu [1] and discovered on that box it needs pidfiltering too,
probably because of the slower cpu...  This was a little while
ago and it prompted me to ask hps whether he could add support
for settting `module parameters' for the Linux driver code webcamd
uses, which he did (thanx!) and which is now in the updated webcamd
port.  So if you get corrupted streams with this tuner (or possibly
others too), you can now try starting webcamd with:

	webcamd -m dvb-usb-init.force_pid_filter_usage=1

 You can get a list of possible parameters by doing:

	webcamd -s

 If you want to compare with notes from Linux users I think the
above would correspond to:

	modprobe dvb-usb force_pid_filter_usage=1

and:

	modinfo dvb-usb

to show possible parameters for that module.

 Another example of using this would be:

	webcamd -m af9015.remote=4

to test using remote keymap number 4 for an af9015 tuner when the
driver doesn't know the keymap for your particular model.  (And
as noted earlier in connection with the vdr remote plugin [2], if
you want to stop ukbd(4) from picking up the remote as a keyboard
you can do e.g.:

	usbconfig add_dev_quirk_vplh 0x15a4 0x9016 0 0xffff UQ_KBD_IGNORE

and then replug or reset the device via usbconfig; then you can
also use it with lirc.)

 HTH, :)
	Juergen

[1] Notes about my little ION SU2300 box called "ZOTAC ZBOX HD-ND22":

	http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-multimedia/2011-March/011828.html

[2] More links to related postings:

	http://people.freebsd.org/~nox/dvb/