pulseaudio: module.c: module-detect is deprecated: Please use module-udev-detect instead of module-detect!

Michal Varga varga.michal at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 15:46:47 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-03-02 at 16:34 +0200, Andriy Gapon wrote:
> Greetings to the collective maintainers of the pulseaudio port :)
>
> What do you think about silencing the message in the subject line?
> It looks like FreeBSD doesn't have udev and it is not coming, so there is no
> module-udev-detect either.  Of course, something devctl/devd-based would be
> useful, but until then the message is not useful, but simply annoying.

That change might go well along with this recent message:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ports/2011-February/066081.html

As I gather from it, upstream developers probably don't even have anyone
running FreeBSD and I'd guess they aren't much aware of the issues
pulseudio nowadays has here (after all, that deprecation warning being a
good indicator).

So instead of fixing things like these in ports, I'd say the issue
should be reported/fix submitted to upstream, it's pretty much possible
that they don't even know that there are systems that don't run evdev
(note that I don't mean it offensively, more like speaking generally
from experience, it simply happens).

m.

--
Michal Varga,