[uaudio] M-Audio Fast Track Ultra is not recognized, where to start ?

Clemens Ladisch clemens at ladisch.de
Wed Jun 15 09:21:26 UTC 2011

Olivier Smedts wrote:
> 2011/6/15 Olivier Smedts <olivier at gid0.org>:
> > I think "uaudio_mixer_fill_info: invalid Audio Control header" is interesting.

The audio control interface is marked as being vendor-specific, so you'd
have to add some quirks to the driver.

The control and audio interfaces actually have audio descriptors, so you
just have to tell the driver to look at the interfaces even though their
bInterfaceClass seems to be wrong.

The Linux driver overrides the audio interfaces' descriptors (see here:
<http://git.alsa-project.org/?p=alsa-kernel.git;a=blob;hb=HEAD;f=sound/usb/quirks-table.h#l1981>),
but I don't remember what the problem was, probably some wrong endpoint
attributes.

Regards,
Clemens