kern/158979: [snd_uadio] snd_uaudio fails to initialize built-in microphone in Logitech Webcam C160

Dmytro Pryanyshnikov lynx.ripe at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 10:40:11 UTC 2011

The following reply was made to PR kern/158979; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Dmytro Pryanyshnikov <lynx.ripe at gmail.com>
To: Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky at c2i.net>
Cc: bug-followup at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: kern/158979: [snd_uadio] snd_uaudio fails to initialize built-in
 microphone in Logitech Webcam C160
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2011 13:33:24 +0300

 On Sun, Jul 17, 2011 at 12:48 PM, Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky at c2i.net> wrote:

 > HI,
 >
 > If you are running this in a VM, then try using usbdump to figure out which
 > control endpoint requests are issued for this device.
 >
 > Probably you can make a similar usbconfig do_request line to change the
 > microphone volume back to normal!

   Yes, I've recorded packet interchange on the USB bus during the
 (device) <-> (Linux kernel in the VirtualBox) data exchange with the
 command:

 usbdump -i usbus4 -s 0 -w 20110717_1320.dmp

 and placed the resulting file at

 https://sites.google.com/site/lynxripe/freebsd/pr/158979/20110717_1320.dmp

 Alas, I haven't got sufficient USB protocol knowlege in order to
 comprehend this data ;(

 --
 Sincerely, Dmytro