open /dev/snd/seq failed: No such file or directory

Marcel Bonnet marcelbonnet at gmail.com
Sat Jul 2 14:46:22 UTC 2011

On 30 June 2011 03:52, Clemens Ladisch <clemens at ladisch.de> wrote:

> Marcel Bonnet wrote:
> > When I run jackd and jack-rack I get this message:
> >
> >  ALSA lib seq_hw.c:457:(snd_seq_hw_open) open /dev/snd/seq failed: No
> such file or directory
>
> This is a Linux device.
>
> Neither alsa-lib nor Jack should have been compiled with ALSA sequencer
> support enabled.
>

> Regards,
> Clemens

Thanks a lot. I did not understand, but after looking at the distfile (the
configure file) I understood what to do. I added the option --disable-aseq
to the CONFIGURE_ARGS on the audio/jack-rack/Makefile

CONFIGURE_ARGS=    --disable-ladcca --disable-lash --disable-aseq

And it's now working very well.

One more question: is this a case for me to request the submit of this "new"
Makefile to the ports, since we use OSS, not ALSA? Or every user should take
a look to the configure args of the distfile and change it the way it needs?

Thanks, again.

--
Marcel Bonnet
*"No princípio era o caos... e no meio também."*