FYI: v4l-linuxulator support in FreeBSD-current now

Tue Jan 11 15:41:37 UTC 2011

Quoting "J.R. Oldroyd" <fbsd at opal.com> (from Tue, 11 Jan 2011 09:26:09 -0500):

> This patch merely flips the cmd bits.

As Andrew is doing this on amd64 (and casting to a l_XXX type), it
could be that he is flipping the data into the visible range and then
cutting it down to 32 bit.

> I'm not familiar with the Linux DVB ioctls... is it really the case
> that none of the data structures have 32/64-bit architecture dependent
> field sizes?  Great if that's the case, but if not, we need to do
> data structure conversions here too, as we did for V4L.

I am already in the process of discussing this with Andrew. I do not
think the details are important so far for emulation@, but if someone
wants to participate in the discussion...

Bye,
Alexander.

Bye,
Alexander.