xbmc pvr in ports; update, please test with MythTV too! :)

Bernhard Froehlich decke at bluelife.at
Mon Dec 12 12:41:33 UTC 2011

On 05.12.2011 19:56, Juergen Lock wrote:
> I just updated to the latest release pvr-ppa-odk56:
>
> 	http://people.freebsd.org/~nox/tmp/xbmc-pvr-ppa-odk56.patch
>
>  It would be nice if someone could verify this works with mythtv too
> before I commit it...

First thing I noticed was that XBMC_Mythtv.pvr should really be
XBMC_MythTV.pvr because it complains in the logfile when loading the
addon:

ERROR: ADDON: Could not locate XBMC_MythTV.pvr

Moving the file to
/usr/local/lib/xbmc/addons/pvr.mythtv/XBMC_MythTV.pvr
gets it a step further.

Next thing is an undefined symbol:

ERROR: Unable to load
/usr/local/lib/xbmc/addons/pvr.mythtv/XBMC_MythTV.pvr,
reason: /usr/local/lib/xbmc/addons/pvr.mythtv/XBMC_MythTV.pvr:
Undefined
symbol "_ZTI14MythXmlCommand"

It looks like this is part of libmythxml but It was not linked to the
shared object. While searching for that problem I found the following
commit which includes a hunk for xbmc/pvrclients/mythtv/Makefile.in and
looks pretty right in what it does. But it's quite different code than
what you have in your port. Are you sure you aren't using an old branch
for the PVR code?

http://xbmc.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=xbmc/xbmc;a=patch;h=7e83f17

Both problems fixed with the attached patch.

Now getting to the next undefined symbol:

ERROR: Unable to load
/usr/local/lib/xbmc/addons/pvr.mythtv/XBMC_MythTV.pvr, reason:
/usr/local/lib/xbmc/add
ons/pvr.mythtv/XBMC_MythTV.pvr: Undefined symbol "GetChannelsAmount"

--
Bernhard Fröhlich
http://www.bluelife.at/