pulseaudio: module.c: module-detect is deprecated: Please use module-udev-detect instead of module-detect!

Maarten Bosmans mkbosmans at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 13:21:50 UTC 2011

(just replying to an old message about this, please feel free to
forward it to the appropriate persons/lists in the freebsd community)

Well, I haven't seen any patches being send upstream to the pulseaudio
mailing list. That is a dissapointing result of my original message to
the freedsb-ports list. Please keep this in mind before complaining
again how bad pulse is on freebsd and how the developers are too
linux-centric and don't care aboud other unixes.

That being said, a 1.0 beta has just been released:
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/pulseaudio-discuss/2011-August/010796.html
http://pulseaudio.org/wiki/Notes/0.99
So this might be a good time to check what's needed to make it work
out-of-the-box on FreeBSD. I think the final 1.0 release is going to
be a couple of weeks from now, so there is some sense urgency needed
if you want to have your patches in before that.

Feel free to contact me directly through mail, through the
pulseaudio-discuss list or at #pulseaudio at freenode.

Maarten