kern/152622: [pcm] uaudio recording problem

Oliver Fromme olli at lurza.secnetix.de
Sun Apr 17 15:30:15 UTC 2011

The following reply was made to PR kern/152622; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Oliver Fromme <olli at lurza.secnetix.de>
To: freebsd-multimedia at FreeBSD.ORG, FreeBSD-gnats-submit at FreeBSD.ORG,
        thierry at FreeBSD.ORG
Subject: Re: kern/152622: [pcm] uaudio recording problem
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2011 17:29:31 +0200 (CEST)

 Thierry Thomas wrote:
  > According to <http://wiki.freebsd.org/WebcamCompat>, there is a
  > workaround, which is working for olli@ with two webcams and also for
  > mine:
  >
  > - firstly, you have to launch webcamd
  >
  > I do that automatically by adding the following lines in my
  > /etc/devd.conf:
  >
  > attach 100 {
  >         match "vendor" "0x046d";
  >         match "product" "0x0825";
  >         action "/usr/local/sbin/webcamd -d ugen4.3 -i 0 -v 0";
  > };
  >
  > (replace "0x0825" and ugen4.3 according to dmesg)
  >
  > - then you have to open the camera device (/dev/video0) by an
  > application (e.g. pwcview)
  >
  > - then run the following command:
  > # usbconfig -d ugenX.Y do_request 0x22 0x01 0x100 0x86 0x03 0x80 0xBB 0x00
  >
  > Replace "ugenX.Y" with your device, according to the output from dmesg.
  >
  > That's all!

 Hans Petter Selasky posted a small patch:

 http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-multimedia/2011-April/011931.html

 Would you please give it a try?  With that patch, I do not
 need the "usbconfig do_request" command anymore with my
 C210 or C310 HD.  I still need to do a "usbconfig reset",
 though.

 Best regards
    Oliver

 Blogging:  Never before have so many people
 with so little to say said so much to so few.