minidlna: a new port needs testers, start-up script

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Thu Jun 24 07:24:45 UTC 2010

On 06/23/10 08:39, Mikhail T. wrote:
> I need help with the start-up script
> <http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/porters-handbook/book.html#RC-SCRIPTS>

The way things usually work in an open source project is that you try it
yourself first, then you send a message to the effect of, "I tried to do
X, but I ran into problem Y which resulted in Z" and then ask for help
to get you back on the right path. If your expectation is that someone
else is going to write the startup script for you, that's probably not
realistic.

The web page you referred to has the basics to get you started. Since
your port has slightly more complex requirements you probably want to
read the other web page referenced in the first paragraph, as well as
the man pages that are also referenced.

hope this helps,

Doug

			-- Propellerheads