Audio phase inversion quirk?

Ariff Abdullah ariff at FreeBSD.org
Tue Jul 27 18:02:57 UTC 2010

On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 19:14:38 +0200
Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky at c2i.net> wrote:
> On Tuesday 27 July 2010 19:04:05 Ariff Abdullah wrote:
> > On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 18:04:23 +0200
> >
> > Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky at c2i.net> wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I've discovered using my qecholo tool that many USB audio
> > > devices have  switched the polarity of the audio signal. I guess
> > > not so many people are  checking this, but I'm one of them :-)
> > >
> > > There is currently a quirk for switching left and right
> > > channels. Is there a  sound stack quirk in FreeBSD for
> > > correcting the phase? This is just a matter  of negating the
> > > samples before passing along to the application.
> >
> > How about make the driver advertise the opposite sign or endian as
> > supported formats?
> >

> Sounds OK. Then I would just add the opposite sign like OR'ing a
> flag into the  snd_fmt value?

There's no way to correlate those by simple bit fiddling. Perhaps you
should define another uaudio_formats[] so it can be fed into format
probing logic in uaudio.c .

--
Ariff Abdullah
FreeBSD

... Recording in stereo is obviously too advanced
    and confusing for us idiot ***** users :P ........

... Going with the standard and orthodox
    is the death of intellect ..............