5.1-channel sound on 8-STABLE, snd_hda

Mikle Krutov nekoexmachina at gmail.com
Sat Jan 23 22:48:10 UTC 2010

So, i've already configured it for playing real 5.1 sound with real
5.1 sound files, but i've got no duplication of sound with stereo
files - but i want it (they've sounded better with my rear &
sub-speakers, even through they are not 5.1). Could i somehow set it,
not globally, but only for some applications? What man page i should
refer to?