trouble with install

Loftin Graham lg7800321 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 00:56:23 UTC 2010

Hi I'm having trouble installing wxMaxima on my system. The process
appears to get stuck at the point where gstreamer is being configured.
The error message says to send an email and explanatory attachments to
the above address for suggestions about what to do to resolve the
problem. As you'll see from the attached files, I have a version of
liboil installed which satisfies the stated error criterion (>=3.14)
but that doesn't appear to solve the problem. In the mean time I did
portmaster -af to clean things up and somehow lost some of the other
programs I had installed and which were functional (e.g. R).  I would
appreciate any help you can provide.

Sincere thanks in advance,
LG