FYI: v4l-linuxulator support in FreeBSD-current now

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Fri Jan 8 16:03:12 UTC 2010

El día Saturday, December 05, 2009 a las 02:09:27PM -0500, J.R. Oldroyd escribió:

> On Fri, 4 Dec 2009 22:31:26 +0100, Alexander Leidinger <Alexander at Leidinger.net> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > in case someone wants to use skype (or flash) with his webcam: it is
> > possible now in -current (works at least with multimedia/pwcbsd).
> >
> > No MFC planned yet. The more you test, the more likely it will be that
> > it will be MFCed sooner than later.
> >
> > Bye,
> > Alexander.
>
> Thanks for committing this, Alexander.
>
> A couple of notes.
>
> 1.  This code does work on 8.0 and 7.2.  If you are interested in
>     testing on those systems, you can fetch the files at the URL
>     below.
>
> 2.  The version committed does not contain support for a video
>     clip list (in the VIDIOCSWIN ioctl).  This is not a problem
>     for the Linux skype port or browser-based flash camera apps
>     since these do not use video clipping.
>
>     I have added video clip list support in the version on my
>     site, below, however there are some caveats which are
>     documented on the web page.  If you are familiar with the use
>     of a V4L video clip list, please take a look at the URL below
>     and send feedback.
>
> The latest version is at:
>     http://opal.com/freebsd/sys/compat/linux/
>
> My testing is with a pwc(4) based webcam (in the multimedia/pwc
> port).  This driver has V4L support.  If you test with any other
> driver, please do send feedback.
>
> 	-jr

Hello,

I'm on the way to install the above patch on my laptop running:

FreeBSD current.Sisis.de 8.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 8.0-CURRENT #1: Thu May 28 14:40:45 CEST 2009     guru at current:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386

in the directory /usr/src/sys/compat/linux I have only:

# ls
CVS                     linux_ioctl.h           linux_socket.c
linux_emul.c            linux_ipc.c             linux_socket.h
linux_emul.h            linux_ipc.h             linux_stats.c
linux_file.c            linux_mib.c             linux_sysctl.c
linux_file.h            linux_mib.h             linux_sysproto.h
linux_futex.c           linux_misc.c            linux_time.c
linux_futex.h           linux_misc.h            linux_uid16.c
linux_getcwd.c          linux_signal.c          linux_util.c
linux_ioctl.c           linux_signal.h          linux_util.h

i.e. the files

linux_videodev.h
linux_videodev_compat.h

are not there for being replaced by the mentioned 4 update files; are they new?

thanks

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz
t +49-89-61308 351 - f +49-89-61308 399 - m +49-170-4527211