kern/146031: [snd_hda] race condition when kldunload snd_hda sound called

Garrett Cooper gcooper at FreeBSD.org
Mon Apr 26 11:00:13 UTC 2010

The following reply was made to PR kern/146031; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Garrett Cooper <gcooper at FreeBSD.org>
To: Alexander Best <alexbestms at wwu.de>
Cc: bug-followup at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: kern/146031: [snd_hda] race condition when kldunload snd_hda
	sound called
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 03:58:06 -0700

 On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 3:23 AM, Alexander Best <alexbestms at wwu.de> wrote:
 > Garrett Cooper schrieb am 2010-04-26:
 >
 > [snip]
 >
 >> Hi Alexander,
 >> =A0 =A0 1. How many cores and processors does your machine have?
 >> =A0 =A0 2. Do you have SMP enabled?
 >> Thanks,
 >> -Garrett
 >
 > 1. one cpu with 2 cores.
 > 2. yes and using the old bsd4 scheduler.

     Ok... now this is definitely non-standard.

 1. My laptop is a dual-core Core2Duo proc (the full details are in the
 original PR).
 2. I'm using SCHED_ULE, like most other folks post-7.x.

     I suggest using SCHED_ULE instead of SCHED_4BSD. You might only be
 able to run into the issue with SCHED_ULE because of how it schedules
 tasks.
 Thanks,
 -Garrett