playing youtube

Andriy Gapon avg at icyb.net.ua
Sun Apr 18 20:02:12 UTC 2010

on 18/04/2010 15:32 Wes Morgan said the following:
> On Sat, 17 Apr 2010, Chuck Robey wrote:
>
>> But you know what REALLY frosted me?  I went to google to see if maybe
>> this had been chewed over and fixed (I'm running FreeBSD-current, BTW),
>> and I saw several videos whose title seemed to be promising, but where
>> where they?  Huh, they were on youtube.  Geeze, if you can view those
>> videos, you don't need the help, and if you do need the help, you're
>> basically fucked.  Anyone remember a book "Catch-22"?
>
> Download the videos with www/youtube_dl to download and use mplayer or vlc
> to view them while you get your plugin working.

I've heard that on i{Thing} there is a quite nice YouTube application without
any 'Flash' support.  I imagine that it works somewhat similar to youtube_dl but
with a GUI and support for searching, etc.
I don't know of an open-source product like that.
Just saying that it's all possible without "real" 'Flash' support.

--
Andriy Gapon