DVB support

Tim Borgeaud tim at tangobravo.co.uk
Fri Oct 23 12:41:41 UTC 2009

I have been playing around with compiling V4L (Linux) DVB drivers using a
layer of compatibility code derived from Luigi Rizzo's linux-kmod-compat
port and Hans Petter Selasky's USB stack (in FreeBSD 8/current).

I've had some success getting a dib0700 based USB stick (Hauppauge
WinTV-NOVA-TD-Stick) to work and am in the process of trying to compile
some further V4L driver source (for other USB DVB-T sticks).

If there is a working V4L driver for a USB stick that you want to use, it
may be possible to use this approach to create a FreeBSD driver module.

See http://www.tangobravo.co.uk/v4l-compat for a brief description and
some code that may be used to compile v4l drivers on FreeBSD.

See also the "USB webcam++ support for FreeBSD-8-current is soon here"
post to freebsd-emulation regarding HPS' userland compatibility code:

http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=117918+0+archive/2009/freebsd-emulation/20090607.freebsd-emulation

Tim Borgeaud