[...] a (hacky) way to grab composite/svideo in [...]

Jason Harmening jason.harmening at gmail.com
Fri May 29 18:03:49 UTC 2009

>> > 2) allows selecting non-tuner inputs by passing `magic' channel names
>> > via -c: "input_mux2" (composite in on my card), "input_mux3" (most likely
>> > s-video in here), and "input_mux4" (I don't know if that's used on my
>> > card, but it might be on others.)
>
> Jason, any thoughts on access to the composite & s-video inputs?

Well, I was planning on adding an input-mux option to be passed by the
-o option, but I kind of like Juergen's idea of using channel
definitions in the XML file instead.  We can "de-hackify" his
implementation a little, and then users will be able to define
easy-to-remember aliases for their inputs.