ports/132407: [patch] multimedia/ffmpeg: respect TMPDIR passed from make.conf

Eygene Ryabinkin rea-fbsd at codelabs.ru
Mon May 4 06:40:03 UTC 2009

The following reply was made to PR ports/132407; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Eygene Ryabinkin <rea-fbsd at codelabs.ru>
To: Pav Lucistnik <pav at FreeBSD.org>
Cc: ahze at FreeBSD.org, marcus at FreeBSD.org, bug-followup at FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: ports/132407: [patch] multimedia/ffmpeg: respect TMPDIR passed
	from make.conf
Date: Mon, 4 May 2009 10:38:30 +0400

 Pav, everyone, good day.

 Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 07:23:24PM +0400, Eygene Ryabinkin wrote:
 > Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 09:08:47AM +0200, Pav Lucistnik wrote:
 > > This is not a good patch. All ./configure using ports have the same
 > > issue. I don't see why we should address this is ffmpeg port.
 > > Either you fix this generally in bsd.port.mk (and I see bsd.kde.mk
 > > already have the proposed fix), or you should put
 > > CONFIGURE_ENV="TMPDIR=/var/tmp" to your /etc/make.conf instead.
 >
 > I think that I'll better fix bsd.port.mk: the new patch is below.
 > bsd.kde.mk passed TMPDIR down only for package building, but I think
 > that my modification should pass it always.

 Any thoughts about the patch for bsd.port.mk provided in the previous
 mail?  I had put the patch to
   http://codelabs.ru/fbsd/patches/Mk/bsd.port.mk-pass-TMPDIR.diff
 if someone has troubles to extract it from the PR.

 Thanks!
 --
 Eygene