snd_hda recording in 7.1?

Daniel O'Connor doconnor at gsoft.com.au
Wed Mar 4 17:16:40 PST 2009

On Thursday 05 March 2009 10:58:12 Alexander Motin wrote:
> Daniel O'Connor wrote:
> >>
> >> I see you have 2 mic inputs. Have you tried to record from `monitor`, it
> >
> > No luck there, I tried via analogue and recording.
> > ie run 'mixer monitor 80' and tap the mic.
> >
> > then try 'mixer monitor 0; mixer rec 80; mixer =rec monitor' and record
> > with sox.
>
> And what have you meant by switching recording to monitor while muting
> it by `mixer monitor 0`?

It was my understanding that 'mixer monitor' controlled the analogue path from
the monitor input to the speaker output whereas 'mixer rec' controlled the
actual recording level to the digitiser.

I also tried with rec & monitor set to 80 but there was no sound recorded.

I have checked this microphone works too :)

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum