gstreamer-plugins-bad: oss4

Matthew Gibson mdg583 at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 5 07:13:27 UTC 2009

Hi, I just wanted to tell you that the freebsd port: multimedia/gstreamer-plugins-bad seems to pass the configure script "--enable-oss4", but the configure script must have some sort of bug in it because it reads: "--enable-oss4=no". So the port (and it seems to me the package buit from it) don't have oss4 enabled, even though I think it is supposed to.

I couldn't manage to fix it, but I've changed my configure script to have oss4, and I am testing now. The oss4 plugin is needed for the gnome volume control to work with oss4.

Matthew