Video and Skype

Wed Jan 28 05:00:27 PST 2009

Quoting Beech Rintoul <beech at freebsd.org> (from Tue, 27 Jan 2009
13:27:32 -0900):

> Skype just sent me two webcams to help me get video working with skype.
>
> usbdevs:
> addr 2: USB camera, vendor 0x0c45
>
> I've installed port multimedia/linux-gspca-kmod , run command kldload gspca
> and attached webcam.

> It works fine with multimedia/pwcbsd (viewer only - pwcview), but
> doesn't with
> skype:

> kernel: linux: pid 24186 (skype): ioctl fd=40, cmd=0x7601 ('v',1) is not
> implemented

Am I right to assume that pwcbsd is a native application and the skype
you are running here is a linux one? If yes, it looks like there's
some kernel support missing for this. Try to find out what ioctl this
is, and you should be a step towards finding out what the problem is...

Bye,
Alexander.

--
The phone will not ring until you leave your desk and walk
to the other end of the building.