mplayer SVN plays video too fast on FreeBSD

Tom Evans tevans.uk at googlemail.com
Mon Dec 7 21:22:58 UTC 2009

2009/12/7 Tom Evans <tevans.uk at googlemail.com>:

> Most of the changes in that diff are fbsd fixes - I'm a bit surprised
> your mplayer works properly/efficiently without the bswap fix (it will
> be using the naive C version). I'll try recompiling the whole package
> with -DBROKEN_RELOCATIONS. I don't think the number of configure
> options are affecting it, but I'll try a minimal version as well, just
> to see.
>
> Thanks
>
> Tom

I tried

configuration: --extra-cflags=-DBROKEN_RELOCATIONS
-I/usr/local/include/freetype --enable-freetype --enable-vdpau

I had to apply your vidix fix (don't think that was being compiled
before). Same behaviour as before, video is far far too fast.

I also reverted the other patches, leaving just your vidix fix, the
fix to enable bswap and the fix to ao_oss - exactly the same result.

Cheers

Tom