[snd_hda] Sony VAIO VGN-SZ5MN - headphones off

Marcin Cieslak saper at SYSTEM.PL
Fri Apr 24 21:55:40 UTC 2009

Dnia 19.04.2009 Patrick Lamaizière <patfbsd at davenulle.org> napisał/a:
> Le Sat, 18 Apr 2009 22:52:32 +0000 (UTC),
> Marcin Cieslak <saper at SYSTEM.PL>:
>
>> Seems like with snd_hda sound output gets muted once I plug in my
>> headphones.
>>
>> Verbose dmesg plus sysctl dev.hdac.0.pindump output for various
>> output configurations:
>>
>> http://akson.sgh.waw.pl/~saper/FreeBSD/snd_hda/
>
> If I understand well snd_hda you need a quirk to associate the
> headphones to the speaker.
>
> The speaker is on nid15 as 1 seq 0, headphones on nid10 as 2 seq 0. The
> headphones should be associated to the as 1 seq 15 with a quirk
>
> /boot/devices.hints:
> hint.hdac.0.cad0.nid10.config="as=1 seq=15"

Yes indeed, this was worked perfectly. I hope one day this magic will get
documented in the handbook, but for now - thanks for the excellent advice.

--
              << Marcin Cieslak // saper at system.pl >>