strict signatures for kobj methods in sound subsystem

Thu Apr 16 05:46:13 PDT 2009

Quoting Andriy Gapon <avg at icyb.net.ua> (from Wed, 15 Apr 2009 21:06:13 +0300):

> Please review the attached, largely mechanical, patch for sound subsystem.
> This patch is supposed to make all functions that implement kobj methods have
> strictly the same signatures as defined by the interfaces.

As you have to change a lot of places, a question would be if it is ok
to change the interface from u_int32_t to int instead. I haven't
investigated if this is about our internal in-kernel interface, or
(indirectly) the official userland OSS interface. I also hadn't a look
what 3rd party sound drivers (e.g. in ports) are using.

You are also mixing u_int32_t and uint32_t in the change. Most of them
are of the u_int32_t style, but some changes have uint32_t.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
Bigamy is having one spouse too many.  Monogamy is the same.