Video4Linux2 and BSD

Markus Rechberger mrechberger at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 02:34:31 UTC 2008

On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 4:21 AM, Markus Rechberger
<mrechberger at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 4:07 AM, Henry Hu <henry.hu.sh at gmail.com> wrote:
>> They've also got a USB video class driver. Hope it would be imported soon.
>>
>> 2008/9/22 Dieter <freebsd at sopwith.solgatos.com>:
>>> FYI, NetBSD now has Video4Linux2.
>>>
>>> http://www.netbsd.org/changes/#200809-video
>>>
>>> Ob-counterpoint: It isn't obvious from the summary whether
>>> this addresses the kernel bloat issue raised in
>>>
>>> http://video4bsd.sourceforge.net/
>>> and
>>> http://wiki.freebsd.org/HDTV
>>>

> great news!

btw. I talked to Xceive a while ago regarding BSD, the xc3028 and
xc5000 tuners which are used for analog and digital TV devices (eg.
DVB-T, ATSC, analog TV-multistandard) can be licensed under the terms
of the BSD license.

http://mcentral.de/hg/~mrec/em28xx-new/file/6b0e6877f961/xc3028/
http://mcentral.de/hg/~mrec/em28xx-new/file/6b0e6877f961/xc5000/

I will keep the sources uptodate (there are occasionally firmware updates).

Those ICs are used with numerous devices nowadays. If there are any
questions just drop me a line.

regards,
Markus