Using jack on snd_hda

Adam K Kirchhoff adamk at voicenet.com
Sat Oct 18 20:20:38 UTC 2008

On Fri, 17 Oct 2008 13:13:37 +0200
t-u-t <marshc187 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 17 Oct 2008, at 12:26, Adam K Kirchhoff wrote:
>

> > Is it possible to get jack to work on an intel HDA chip?  When I
> > try to run
> > 'jackd -d oss' this is what I get:
> >
> > [ adamk at sorrow - ~ ]: jackd -d oss
> > jackd 0.109.2
> > Copyright 2001-2005 Paul Davis and others.
> > jackd comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
> > This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
> > under certain conditions; see the file COPYING for details
> >
> > JACK compiled with System V SHM support.
> > oss_driver: /dev/dsp : 0x10/2/48000 (4096)
> > oss_driver: indevbuf 4096 B, outdevbuf 4096 B
> > oss_driver: not using barrier mode, (single thread)
> > OSS: read() failed: oss_driver.c at 1068, count=-1/4096, errno=22
> >
> > Any thoughts?
> >
> > Adam
>
> i'm no expert, but i think you may have to try different switches/
> settings
> i dunno what -d is, mine hasn't had much luck with -r (realtime),
> etc..
>
> do you also have qjackctl installed from ports? try different
> settings from there and watch the log window

I have tried nearly multiple options in qjackctl, adjust memory lock,
ignore h/w, various sample rates, and frames per period.  But nothing
worked.  It could take me forever to try every possible combination of
every option in qjackctl, though, which is why I'm hoping someone can
tell me if it's possible to get it to work at all...  And, if so, what
settings need to be used :-)

Adam

believed to be clean.