gstreamer-plugins upgrade: totem failure on big videos

barbara barbara.xxx1975 at libero.it
Sun Oct 12 03:41:13 UTC 2008

Hello,
after upgrading all my gstreamer* ports yesterday, totem fails on playing big videos (in terms of width x height).
For example I can play a 512x384 video, but trying with a 720x576 video this message is displayed in a popup:

    An error occurred
    Failed to create output image buffer of 720x576 pixels

and this message is printed on the console:
** Message: Error: Failed to create output image buffer of 720x576 pixels
xvimagesink.c(621): gst_xvimagesink_xvimage_new (): /GstPlayBin:play/GstBin:vbin/GstGConfVideoSink:video-sink/GstBin:bin0/GstAutoVideoSink:autovideosink0/GstXvImageSink:autovideosink0-actual-sink-xvimage:
could not get shared memory of 622080 bytes