FreeBSD port for zoneminder 1.23.3

Achilleas Mantzios achill at matrix.gatewaynet.com
Tue Oct 7 08:28:28 UTC 2008

Στις Tuesday 07 October 2008 11:07:48 ο/η Boris Samorodov έγραψε:
> Achilleas Mantzios <achill at matrix.gatewaynet.com> writes:
> > Στις Tuesday 07 October 2008 00:10:59 ο/η Boris Samorodov έγραψε:
> >> Hi!
> >>

> > Добро Утро!
>
> Доброе! ;-)

> >> I've read the thread and tried to build packages.
> >>
> >> First, I had to add a dependency upon gnutls. But I'n not sure
> >> what kind of dependency it should be. There are build, run and
> >> library dependencies at the port's Makefile.
>
> Can you answer this question? I'd like to suggest a patch to your port
> but can't do it without that information.

If (it compiles without gnutls) {
	compile it and invoke the programms (run zoneminder);
	if (missing lib dependancies prevents it from running) {
		add those deps as LIB_DEPENDS
	}
	if (other software (e.g. mysql) is needed to run but not exists)  {
		add those deps to RUN_DEPENDS
	}
}
else {
	add the required s/w as BUILD_DEPENDS
}

(well, thats my understanding, however i must say that i had gnutls all the way since day 1,
and maybe thats why i didnt come across this problem)
At which part does the whole build or run require gnutls?
> >> Second, I've got errors which had been described at the forum.
> >> As I understand from forum those arrors should disappear with
> >> current ffmpeg port. But I see those errors for all amd64
> >
> > First off, i dont have neither 7.1 or 8.0 or amd64 handy.
>
> The error is identical at all systems, so there is no need to have all
> of them. BTW, 7-STABLE and 8-CURRENT -i386 suffers the same error:
> http://bb.ipt.ru/tb/errors/7-bsam-exp/zoneminder-1.23.3,1.log
> http://bb.ipt.ru/tb/errors/8-bsam-exp/zoneminder-1.23.3,1.log
>
> Actually, one shouldn't have all systems at hand -- ports-mgmt/tinderbox
> is a great tool.
Aha i'll note that.

> > Actually from what the posters on
> > http://www.zoneminder.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11965&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15
> > say, i conclude that the problem arises with the current ffmpeg port and not vice versa.
> > One user (vess) suggested that you rebuild ffmpeg with --enable-swscale,
> > and remove files/patch_zm_mpeg.cpp.
> > You can try it and post the results to zoneminder.com forum thread in order for future
> > users to have a complete view of all efforts/successes done.
>
> Well, as I'd said, I've read this thread. Actually, many times. ;-)
> But nothing helped me.
>
> Current multimedia/ffmpeg port uses --enable-swscale by default (since
> 10 Aug 2008) and doesn't have files/patch_zm_mpeg.cpp. That's why I
> wrote "nothing helps".

I think you should try to cd /usr/ports/multimedia/zoneminder and try to
traditionally "make install" without any fancy tools, then try to find out
where the source-level incompatibility from previous ffmpeg is lying .
In that case you should simply prepare your own patch for ffmpeg and maybe update the port
against the new ffmpeg.
I dont know if there is a way so as to programmatically have the previous patch for
old ffmpeg and the new one for new.
Sorry i cant help more. Changing the source to make it compile and work is the only way.

--
Achilleas Mantzios