FreeBSD as a HTPC!

Anders Troback freebsd at troback.com
Thu Nov 27 04:58:16 PST 2008

On Thu, 27 Nov 2008 06:29:26 -0600
eculp <eculp at encontacto.net> wrote:

> Quoting Anders Troback <freebsd at troback.com>:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm looking for a HTPC application for FreeBSD!
> >
> > Is there anyone out there that are using FreeBSD as a HTPC? If yes,
> > what are you using to make this happen?
>
> First I assume that we are talking about a Home Theater Personal
> Computer.  I guess most of us use our PC's laptops with FreeBSD to
> listen to music and watch DVD's etc.  My first would have to be what
> does/would constitute a real HTPC?  Are there any minimal guidelines?
>
> I apologize for my ignorance,
>
> ed

Hi,

yes I'm talking about a Home Theater PC:-)

Well, I'm thinking about something like Linux MCE or Elisa!

I don't have a exact idea about how I want it because I don't know what
to expect but I'm hoping that I will find something that a can squeeze
down on a flash card or a usb drive (with TinyBSD or something) and
have the media on the network!

Have a nice day:-)

\\troback