VLC/Philips Webcam

Robert Kopp kopp.robert at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 18 01:18:11 PST 2008

I have checked to see if this subject has been discussed recently, and I didn't come up with an exact match. Anyhow, on FreeBSD 7 (64-bit), I am attempting to record video clips with a Creative Webcam Pro Ex and VLC-0.86. I built the pwcbsd driver from the port and obtained a display from the Webcam.

I tried saving the video as MP4, and it doesn't like it. I also tried MPEG-1, as I previously did with the same device on Linux, but the image freezes. Can someone suggest other possibilities, or has someone who tried to save as MP4 and encountered such a problem successfully solved it?

 Robert "Tim" Kopp
http://analytic.tripod.com/